Looking for an option to replace a missing tooth or teeth? Dental implants could provide just the solution you are looking for. Here at Benfleet Dental Centre we have put together 6 benefits of dental implants to help you make the decision.
1. Dental implants are the next best thing to healthy, natural teeth – Strong and stable, a dental implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth. Other options, such as dentures and bridges can lead to bone deterioration, and may interfere with eating, smiling, speaking and other activities of everyday life.
2. Dental implants allow you to enjoy life without worrying about your teeth! – Teeth restored with dental implants are teeth that let you, not your teeth, lead your life. Dental implants allow you to keep your teeth where they belong – in your mouth. Brush, floss and care for teeth that have been replaced using dental implants exactly the way you would natural teeth.
3. Dental implants help retain your natural face shape, and smile – A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad, ageing you prematurely. Dental implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and smile. Dental implants help to maintain your youthful appearance.
4. Dental implants protect healthy bone – Leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to additional health issues, such as the loss and deterioration of some of your jawbone. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, helping to stimulate new bone growth and preventing bone loss.
5. Dental implants allow you to eat your favourite foods! – You can bite naturally, eat virtually anything you want and, unlike removable dentures that can feel uncomfortable, you can experience the full taste of the food you eat with dental implants, too.
6. Dental implants are a more predictable than other repair and restoration methods – Dental implants have a track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes and are considered “more predictable” than other treatments to repair or replace missing teeth, including bridges, dentures and retreatment of failing root canal treatment.
Looking for further help and advice on whether dental implants are right for you? Call Benfleet Dental Centre today on 01702 557766 and book a consultation.