Losing your teeth or even only one tooth can often be a severe psychological blow. For those people who have teeth missing, wear dentures or are about to lose their teeth, dental implantsoffer a superb permanent alternative and a highly predictable way to restore missing or failing teeth.
They are a contemporary solution for missing teeth and make that smile more confidant! Today, dental implantology is a safe and well established.
Dental Implants are replacements for the root or roots of a tooth. Like tooth roots, dental implants are secured in the jawbone and are not visible once surgically placed. They are used to secure crowns (the parts of teeth seen in the mouth), bridgework or dentures by a variety of means. They are made of titanium, which is lightweight, strong and bicompatable, which means that it is not rejected by the body. Titanium and titanium alloys are the most widely used metals in both dental and other bone implants, such as orthopedic joint replacements. Dental implants have the highest success rate of any implanted surgical device.
Along with replacing lost teeth, implants helps maintain the jawbone’s shape and density. This means they also support the facial skeleton and, indirectly, the soft tissue structures – gum tissues, cheeks and lips. Dental implants help you eat, chew, smile, talk and look completely natural.
The benefits of dental implants
- Next best thing to healthy, natural teeth - Strong and stable, a dental implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth.
- Built to last, Dental implants are a long-term solution. Traditional, tooth-supported dental bridges only last five to seven years at some point they will need to be replaced. While dental implants may need periodic adjustments, they can last a lifetime.
- Enjoy life without worrying about your teeth! No need to stay home or feel uncomfortable in public, embarrassed because your smile looks different. Teeth restored with dental implants are teeth that let you, not your teeth, lead your life.
- Retain your natural face shape, and smile. A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad. Dental implants allow you to maintain natural shape of your face and smile.
- Protect healthy bone; leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to additional health issues, such as the loss and deterioration of some of your jawbone. When it is not being used to support a natural tooth, the jawbone deteriorates, losing its strength and firmness. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and stimulates natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.
- Eat your favorite foods! Taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation. You can bite naturally, eat virtually anything you want and, unlike removable dentures that can feel uncomfortable, you can experience the full taste of the food you eat with dental implants, too.
- Keep your teeth in your mouth –not in a cup Dental implants allow you to keep your teeth where they belong – in your mouth. And no more worrying that your dentures might slip or fall out. Brush, floss and care for teeth that have been replaced using dental implants exactly the way you would natural teeth – in your mouth.
At Benfleet Dental Centre we can provide and achieve the most comprehensive treatment plan and best possible results for our patients.
To find out more, information or book your appointment either contact us on
01702 557766 or email [email protected]
Contact us to make an appointment
Related news from the practice
Visit the practice
Benfleet Dental Centre
8 Benfleet Road, Benfleet. SS7 1QB
|Monday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 18:30|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 14:00*|
|*By appointment only|